Applies to versions: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
Ports Used by TimeIPS
Your TimeIPS system requires the ability to communicate via TCP/IP over several ports to be able to successfully update its software and provide other diagnostic information. Listed below are the ports required to be open to allow the TimeIPS network traffic to reach the public Internet and contact our servers. Different routers require different configuration techniques to allow these ports to be open. Please check with your router hardware provider for specific instructions on how to configure your specific router. Please note, port-forwarding is not required, simply the port being open to allow TCP/IP traffic.
Firewall/Router Ports (TCP outgoing) that need to be opened:
These ports need to be open to allow traffic out to the Internet.
- 443 (HTTPS) to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 Required to authenticate for updates and off-site backups.
- 443 (HTTPS) to 22.214.171.124 Required to download updates.
- 80 (HTTP) to 126.96.36.199 Required to authenticate IPSVOIP devices.
- 80 (HTTP) to timeips.com (188.8.131.52) Recommended for faster update speeds.
- 53 (DNS) Required for name resolution.
- 25 (SMTP) Required for email reports and messages. NOTE: Many ISPs block port 25. If this is the case for you, use your ISP's mail server, or configure email with a different port in TimeIPS and on your mail server and open the corresponding port on your firewall.
- 123 (NTP) Recommended for time synchronization. Note: NTP requires UDP, not TCP.
Firewall/Router Ports (TCP incoming) that need to be forwarded:
If you have clocks or users outside your local network, these ports need to be "port-forwarded" in your router or firewall.
TimeIPS Version 1.0.72 or earlier
- 20 & 21 (FTP) Required to download updates and upload backups
- 123 (NTP) Recommended for time synchronization
- 25 (SMTP) Required for email reports and messages
- 53 (DNS) Required for name resolution
- 6034 (TimeIPS) Required for update and backup authorization
- 3306 (DB connectivity) Required for client to master database connectivity through WAN
©2004-2014 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.