Date printed: 08-14-2018 Last updated: 02-19-2007
To view our complete support knowledge base and most current version of this article visit support.timeips.com.
The TimeIPS system is continually improved and enhanced. New modules, features and options are available on a regular basis.
TimeIPS releases are tracked in "major" versions and "minor " versions. References to major versions use two numbers, for example, 1.11 or 2.0. Minor versions include three numbers, for example, 1.11.92 or 2.2.57. Major versions include significant changes, features and enhancements. Minor versions include smaller changes, fixes and improvements. Upgrading to a new major version requires an active TimeIPS update account and, because there are so many important changes, an email or phone call to TimeIPS technical support requesting the change. New minor versions are always available (do not require an update account) and do not require contacting technical support.
All TimeIPS updates (major and minor) are installed with the built-in automatic update system. Update by going to System -> Updates and clicking the Update Now button. Make sure the Automatic Updates checkbox is checked if you would like to receive minor version updates automatically.
For more details on updates and update accounts, please see the "TimeIPS Updates" section in the TimeIPS Services article.
To view an interactive overview of differences between versions, view the TimeIPS Features By Version page.
- Version 2.5 Migration Guide from Version 2.4 to 2.5
- Version 2.4 Migration Guide from Version 2.3 to 2.4 General Release for current hardware
- Version 2.3 Migration Guide from Version 2.2 to 2.3
- Version 2.2 Migration Guide from Version 2.1 to 2.2
- Version 1.11 Migration Guide from Version 1.10 to 1.11 Final release for 1.x era hardware
Older versions: If you are running any of the versions below, we highly recommend updating to one of the current versions listed above. Most hardware systems running 1.x will be limited to 1.11. Please check with TimeIPS support for assistance.
- Version 2.1 Migration Guide from Version 2.0 to 2.1 End of life June 1, 2016
- Version 2.0 Migration Guide from Version 1.11 to 2.0 End of life June 1, 2016.
- Version 1.10 Migration Guide from Version 1.9 to 1.10 End of life June 1, 2016.
- Version 1.9 Migration Guide from Version 1.8 to 1.9 End of life June 1, 2016.
- Version 1.8 Migration Guide from Version 1.6 to 1.8 End of life June 1, 2016.
- Version 1.6 End of life June 1, 2016.
- Version 1.5 End of life April 1, 2015.
- Version 1.4 End of life April 1, 2014.
- Version 1.3 End of life Jan 1, 2012.
- Version 1.2 End of life Jan 1, 2011.
- Version 1.1 End of life Jan 1, 2010.