TimeIPS What's New - Version 1.3
TimeIPS is a continually developed product with new features and enhancements available on a regular basis. Below is an overview of the features and enhancements in TimeIPS Version 1.3.x.
TIP: The features and enhancements included in the most recent release of TimeIPS are indicated throughout the knowledge base with the
NOTE: Features that may require an additional module or hardware device are indicated with the icon.
A New update system has been implemented to expedite automatic upgrades. If you are not currently on version 1.1 or greater, you can upgrade to these newest series with an active update account by going to Administration -> System Administration -> Updates and click on the Update Now button. Make sure that Automatic Updates checkbox is checked and you will receive regular automatic updates in the new 1.1+ series.
IMPORTANT: The final release of this version (1.3.13) was made in 2007. This version of TimeIPS is now obsolete and is no longer supported. Please contact TimeIPS if you need assistance upgrading from this version.
New Features in TimeIPS version 1.3
- New Web Access Logs allow administrators to view a list of the TimeIPS web pages accessed by employees in the last 30 days.
- New search options and filtering functions added to Employee Administration.
- Added new overtime e-mail alert option that allows employees to specify the desired interval between each overtime alert notification.
- Added bar graphs to Job Summary reports for augmented visual overview.
- The Sign-off Report now ignores clock times less than 60 seconds apart.
- Increased number of available time snaps to 8.
- Implemented tracking of users' IP addresses to improve security.
Improvements in TimeIPS version 1.3
- Improved application of time snaps and time rounding.
- Inactive ID/badge numbers can now be reassigned to other active employees.
- Adjusted automatic badge number incrementation function.
- Improved feedback when department names are duplicated.
- Enhanced display of site employee lists.
- Improved logging of VOIP clock notes for telephone clocking.
- Accrual values can now be up to 10 digits in length.
- Added ability to add future clock events while employees are currently clocked in.
- Added real-time updating to the clock display on the remote clocking page.
- Improved ability for managers to copy schedules between employees.
- Added employee import from Quickbooks v15.0 to TimeIPS.
- Adjusted display of custom employee schedule settings for time snaps and time rounding.
- Modified benefits import for improved performance.
- Renamed “Schedule” tab in Site Administration to “Coverage”.
- Renamed schedule “Helper” tab in Employee Administration to “Copy”.
- Augmented Quickbooks import to include employee middle initials.
- Adjusted application of manually applied holidays to preclude released employees.
- Adjusted ADP payroll export for improved handling of overtime hours.
- Improved consistency of clock note exporting on the Extended Report.
- Added ability to import ethnicity in Employee Management.
- Enhanced employee import to prevent overwriting of missing fields.
- My Settings now has additional option to view 20 employees per page.
- Adjusted Site Management display and filter options in Internet Explorer for improved presentation.
- Added warning to alert users when an employee's alternate employee number is not set-up or is not the correct length for RapidPay payroll exports.
- Improved performance of manual payroll export.
- Adjusted execution of overtime alert intervals.
- Adjusted employee name format for the Payroll Export Preview/Review option.
- Increased length of the Alternate Employee Number to accommodate more characters.
- Increased default overtime limit notification to 15 minutes.
- Adjusted legend text for Web Access Logs.
- Improved Payroll Administrator permissions related to telephone clocking and relay controls.
- Adjusted relay rule behavior upon deletion.
- Improved application of accruals for employees with custom accrual settings.
- Adjusted application of holiday hours on Time Report.
- Improved date range handling on Time Report and Extended Report during Daylight Saving Time.
- Enhanced Manager permissions for overtime alert settings.
- Adjusted percentage calculations on Job Summary Report.
- Modified file naming process when exporting Paychex9 data.
- Enhanced processing of badge numbers in Telephone Clocking.
- Improved manager permissions in Special Reports.
- Additional name formatting options for select payroll exports, including Quickbooks Integration by lastname or firstname first.
- Added additional network settings to Initial Setup page.
- Enhanced support for URLs in the configuration field for a client pointing to a Master TimeIPS System.
- Improved identification of editable Employee Administration fields for Managers.
- Benefit usage interface upgraded to include ability to specify time of day.
- Improved editing controls for custom benefit types.
- Improved display of edited benefit usage.
- Added warning for unsaved data on sites administration screen.
- Improved consistency of employee name display on various screens and reports.
- Adjusted holiday waiting period rules to better accommodate new hires.
- Updated Job Import instructions.
- Added department code field to department import/export function.
- Adjusted benefit usage permissions so that managers can edit benefit usage for their employees.
- Revised Summary by Job report to improve layout.
- Improved Next and Previous date range options for Summary by Job report.
- Enhanced Employee Badge Numbers to accommodate up to 64 alphanumeric characters.
- Extended Paychex9 client codes to be alphanumeric.
- Improved Employee Administration searches.
- Improved display of IPSSCH schedule settings for individual employees.
- Modified export function so that payroll exports may be done for a single employee.
- Adjusted ADP Payroll Export so that benefit codes are only applied if there are corresponding benefit hours.
- Improved warnings for manual insertion of time events.
- Modified payroll export to better accommodate multiple payroll types.
- Improved custom time snaps display consistency.
- Adjusted time snaps to better accommodate anticipated decimal hours.
- Improved Payroll Settings time zone display for custom or individual employee's work week day/time.
- Improved Employee Administration column handling when using Internet Explorer.
- Adjusted filter related to employees and job sites.
- Upgraded handling of released employees on Status View.
- Improved Employee Administration page display and filtering functions.
TimeIPS version 1.3 also includes the following additions and changes:
Implemented in TimeIPS version 1.2
- New Employee Status View that shows employee's current status (In or Out), the Job they are currently clocked in to, their last clock time, and notes.
- New Department Administration table which accommodates department codes and allows easy movement of employees to different departments.
TimeIPS What's New - Version 1.1
TimeIPS What's New - Version 1.2
©2004-2017 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.