Applies to versions: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
Adding a Floating Holiday
This article describes how a floating holiday can be added to your TimeIPS system. Floating holidays, once created, are manually applied on an as-needed basis.
Security Level Required: Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Benefits and Accruals » Holidays
To Add a Floating Holiday:
- Enter the Holiday Name, Duration, Holiday observed on date, and Qualifying Payroll Types.
TIP: Holiday Name, Duration, Holiday observed on, and Qualifying Payroll Types are mandatory fields and must contain data, however only the Holiday Name must be valid. This benefit will be manually applied for each employee and the date and duration will be set at that time.
NOTE: The Prorate based on Scheduled Hours vs. 40hrs?, Waiting Period, and Adjacent Days Required fields do not require any changes, as they will not be enforced when the holiday is manually applied.
- Click on the Create Holiday button. The new holiday will be added to the Existing Holidays list.
- Locate the holiday you created on the list of Existing Holidays and change the option to Deactivate? to "Yes".
- Click on the Edit Existing Holidays button.
- The screen will refresh and the Floating Holiday will be listed in the Inactive Holidays section (as shown below):
- Manually enter the holiday hours as needed.
Adding, Editing, Deactivating a Holiday (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
Manually Entering Holiday Hours (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.