Applies to versions: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
Employee Management Display OptionsEmployee Administration stores information on each of your employees.
Security Level Required: Employee Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Employee Management » Employees
- Customize your view of the Employee Administration table by clicking on the + (plus sign) on the Display Options bar. The display options bar will expand as shown below:
- Move items from the Available Columns window to the Displayed Columns window by clicking on the desired field to highlight it, then clicking on the > (greater than) sign to move it.
TIP: You can select multiple items to move by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the individual fields. All the selected fields will be highlighted.
- Move unwanted items from the Displayed Columns by clicking on the field to highlight it, then clicking on the < (less than) sign to remove it.
- To change the order in which the Displayed Columns appear, use the Up and Down buttons to arrange the list in the order you prefer.
- Use the Site Filter to select "Siteless Employees" (employees who are not assigned to a site), or to select employees from individual or multiple sites.
TIP: You can select multiple site names by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the individual sites. All the selected sites will be highlighted.
- Check the Show released employees checkbox to include employees who have been terminated. Released employees are identified in the Permissions column with the word "Released".
- Once you have selected your desired fields, click on the Display button to view your selections.
EXAMPLE: In the image shown above, employees who are assigned to the "Warehouse" site are displayed using the Site Filter.
- Some of the employee fields, such as ID/Badge, City, State and Zip Code are "edit-in-place" fields when displayed. You can type the information directly into the field displayed on the Employee Administration table, rather than expanding the employee's record and opening the appropriate tab.
EXAMPLE: Clicking on the Zip Code above will make the field become editable, allowing you to change the zip code on the spot.
- Clicking on fields that do not offer the edit-in-place option will automatically expand the employee's record, opened to the appropriate tab.
EXAMPLE: Clicking on the word "Warehouse" in Daniel Collins' record above will open Daniel's employee record to the Employment tab, where you can edit his department, if desired.
Customizing Your Display
See Also:Employee Administration (1.3, 1.4)
- Once you have moved the desired fields to the Displayed Columns window, click on Save Preset to save your custom view.
- You will be prompted to enter a name for this Preset. Enter a descriptive name.
- Click on the Use Preset button to see your Employee list with your custom view..
TIP: To use a saved Preset display, select the Preset name from the pull-down menu and click on the "Use Preset" button.