Applies to versions: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
Manually Enter Holiday Hours
This article describes how holiday hours can be manually entered for employees.
Security Level Required: Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Benefits and Accruals » Holidays
- Create and deactivate the Holiday.
NOTE: TimeIPS will automatically apply holiday hours to qualifying employees if the holiday is active. Inactivate holidays can be used to manually apply holiday hours.
- Below the Create a new Holiday button, click on Manually Enter Holidays button. The "Create Payroll Event" screen will open.
- Enter the date/time the Holiday Starts on and the date/time it Ends on.
NOTE: The Start and End times determine the number of holiday hours the employee will receive.
- Enter an Event Note.
- In the Event Type, select "Holiday".
- In the adjacent pull-down menu, select the name of the Holiday.
- Select the employee(s), shift(s), or department(s) for whom to holiday should be applied.
- Click on the Create button to apply the holiday, or the Cancel button to exit without saving.
- From the left pane Main Menu, navigate to Administration » Payroll and Reports » Time Edit/Report.
- Run a time report for the date of the holiday, selecting at least one employee for whom the holiday was applied.
- The successfully applied holiday hours will appear in the Benefits section below the Time Report (as shown in the image below).
TIP: Click on the date link to view details of the applied hours or to make any adjustments.
Add, Edit, or Deactivate a Holiday (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
Trouble-shoot Applied Holiday Hours (1.6)
Was this article relevant to your question? Yes No
©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.