Applies to versions: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
Importing Employee, Department or Site Information
TimeIPS can import Employee, Department, and Site information and can also update records using the TimeIPS Import/Update Feature. The TimeIPS Employee Import and Export optional module is required.
Security Level Required: Employee Administrator or Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Employee Management » Import/Export
- Click on the Browse button and navigate to the CSV file to be imported.
- If importing employee data, select No in the Import/Update Blank Employee Fields if you do NOT want to clear employee's data in TimeIPS if the data is blank in the import file.
NOTE: TimeIPS will overwrite employee data with blank information ONLY if 1) the column exists in the CSV file with the correct column header, 2) the employee's data for the column is blank, and 3) Yes is selected in the "Import/Update Blank Employee Fields". This option does not apply to the Departments Import/Update.
- Select the data to be imported in the Import/Update field.
- Click on the Import/Update button.
The following file requirements must be met to import data into TimeIPS:
- The file must be a comma separated value (CSV) file. (i.e. Excel worksheet, OpenOffice Spreadsheet, or ASCII Comma Delimited)
- The field (column) name must be exact. You may delete columns. Columns may be in any order.
- Blank fields WILL DELETE existing data during an update if you do select "Yes" to Import/update Blank Fields. If you do not want to overwrite the data, delete the column or select "No" to Import/Update Blank Fields.
NOTE: By default, the import identifies employees by using the employee's last, first, and middle name. The names must match exactly during an update or a new employee will be created. To make changes to an employee's name, or in cases where multiple employees have the same name, you must specify a "key" other than name. On the import page, select the employee import with an alternate key, such as SSN. When using iapi, add a key=ssn or key=badge to the parameters list to use an alternate key.
NOTE: Some fields, such as Pay Rate and Security Levels, include audit records when adjusted. The Import/Update Feature may not add audit records indicating the field was adjusted.
Exporting Employee, Department or Site Information (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
Adding New Employees Individually (1.3, 1.4)