Applies to versions: 1.5, 1.6
Tabbed Employee Administration View
Employee Administration stores information on each of your employees, including their login username/password, ID/badge number, and current employment status.
Security Level Required: Employee Administrator or Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Employee Management » Employees.
- Click on the Add New Employee icon at the top of the page or the Add New Employee button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the required information for the employee.
- First Name and Last Name fields are used to identify the employee. You may enter middle name and preferred first name once the employee's record is created on the employee's Personal tab.
NOTE: The employee name format that will be used in the administrative sections of TimeIPS can be defined in Administration » System Administration » Master Configuration. The employee name format that will be used on the display when employees successfully clock can be defined in Administration » System Administration » Client Configuration.
The Employee ID/Badge Number is 1-64 alphanumeric characters. The employee will either key this number into the key pad or swipe, scan, or touch the corresponding badge/device through a reader to clock in and out.
- TimeIPS uses the Start Date to determine benefit accruals and Holiday waiting periods when using the Accruals feature. See Quick Books Integration with Benefits Tracking optional module for more information.
- TimeIPS uses Payroll Types to group employees with the same payroll period and Holiday qualifications. Payroll is run once for each Payroll Type. Time Reports and Special Reports may be run per Payroll Type. Payroll Types are defined in Payroll Types section under Payroll and Reports.
- TimeIPS uses Departments to designate employee groups in the Directory and on the Currently In Employees Status View. The employee's Department is included on most exported reports for sorting purposes. Departments are defined under Employee Management » Departments.
- The Pay Type indicates if the employee is “Salary” or “Hourly”.
- Workweek Groups allow administrators to manage sets of employees who follow the same workweek schedule and have their overtime calculation done in the same way.
- “Yes” in the Employed field indicates that the employee is currently employed by the company. When an employee is terminated, select “No” and indicate whether they are available for rehire or not.
- The Accruals Begin date is the day you want TimeIPS to begin calculating sick and vacation time. You will enter the employee's current available sick and vacation in the Benefits section or through the Benefits Import.
NOTE: If your company uses Site administration, Site Managers, managers of Site Managers, and Employee Administrators will see an extra option (outlined in red below) in the Add Employee window which provides them with the ability to assign the new employee to a site immediately upon creation of the employee record.
- Click on the Create Employee button to add the employee to the Employee table. The screen will refresh with the employee's information expanded.
- Enter/Edit additional information as applicable for the employee.
NOTE: The information is saved when you click on another tab, collapse the employee's record using the negative (-) sign to the left of the Employee's Name, or edit another employee's record.
- Click on the + (plus) sign to the left of the employee's name to view/edit details.
- Click on the column header (Full Name, ID/Badge, etc) to sort the table by the selected column values.
- Click on a column value (such as an Employee's Name, ID/Badge number, etc) to quickly access that detailed information for the employee.
- Employee Information can be imported from and exported to a spreadsheet program using the Employee Import/Export optional module.
- All employee information required to start using the TimeIPS system is conveniently displayed in the Required Information tab.
- To enter an employee's Pay Rate, click on the "Edit" link next to Pay Type. The "Edit Pay Rate" window will appear.
- Enter the employees Rate, select whether the pay Type is Hourly or Salary and enter the date and time this rate becomes Effective.
- Click on the Add button to add the employee's pay rate.
- Click on Close to exit the Edit Pay Rate window.
To enter an employee's Pay Rate:
- How names are viewed in the TimeIPS web pages is defined in Administration » System Administration » Master Configuration. How names are viewed on the small display when employees clock in and out is defined in Administration » System Administration » Client Configuration.
- The Username and Password fields are not required for the employee to clock in or clock out from a TimeIPS time station. They are required for employees to view or edit information in TimeIPS or to clock in/out from a computer terminal (Remote Clocking).
- Employee Social Security Numbers (SSN) can only be viewed by a payroll administrator.
- Check Require PIN if the employee is required to enter an employee-defined Personal Identification number when Telephone Clocking. Check Force Re-registration to require the employee to define a new Personal Identification Number on his next clock in/out using Telephone Clocking. Validate PIN numbers for employees with 'Require PIN' is set must be selected under Telephone Clocking.
NOTE: If using web based clocking from a computer terminal, a username and password must be defined on the employee's Personal Information tab.
To Add a Photo
- Click on Edit Photo. The employee's Personal tab will expand as shown below.
- Click on the Browse button and navigate to the folder containing the employee's photo.
TIP: Employee photos can be taken with a regular digital camera and then saved to your computer or loaded directly from the camera's memory card.
NOTE: Employee photographs must be saved in .png or .jpg format for use with TimeIPS barcode ID badges. Images over 180 x 180 pixels will be scaled to fit the ID badge.
- Select the employee's photo and click on Upload New Photo.
- The employee's photo will appear.
TIP: To hide the employee's photo section, click on the "Hide Photo" button.
NOTE: To delete an employee's photo, click on the "Delete Current Photo" button.
- Phone number(s) display in the Employee Directory if Publicly Viewable is marked as "Yes".
- Click on the Contact #2 tab to enter an additional emergency contact.
- Check Publicly Viewable if the emergency contact information should be viewable by the employee's manager. If marked as publicly viewable, the manager can go to Administration » Employee Management » Employees, select the employee, and click on the View Summary button.
- Mark the employee's email address as the Default E-mail and it will display in the Company Directory. Mark No E-mail/Private E-mail radio button if the employee's e-mail address is not entered or if you do not want the employee's e-mail address to display in the Employee Directory.
- Check the HTML checkbox to generate End of Week reports in HTML, or leave the checkbox unchecked to generate a text version of the End of Week report.
- Check the Each Clock checkbox to e-mail a notification to the corresponding e-mail address each time the employee clocks in or out
- Check the Clock Errors checkbox to e-mail a notification to the corresponding e-mail address of every clock event error. A Clock Error occurs when an employee clocks in then back out, or vice versa, within 60 seconds.
- Check the End of Week checkbox to e-mail the employee's weekly time report to the corresponding e-mail address.
NOTE: The End of Week report
includes a detail of clocks and time worked, End of Week Benefit status, and Hours Worked This Pay Period.
- Check the Overtime checkbox to e-mail a notification to the corresponding address when the employee is approaching overtime based on their Scheduled Hours per Week and Overtime Limit.
- The Overtime Limit is the number of minutes prior to overtime that Overtime alerts should be sent. The employee's Scheduled Hours per Week are defined in Administration » Payroll and Reports » Payroll Settings. The Payroll Integration with Benefits Tracking optional module is required to customize employee's work weeks and define custom overtime/doubletime rules. By default, employees go into overtime after 40 hours worked during the work week or 12 hours worked in a day.
- The Overtime Alert Interval determines how often the overtime alert should be sent. The alerts will automatically stop when the employee either clocks out or goes into overtime.
- Check Schedule Alert to e-mail a notification to the corresponding address when the employee deviates from his/her set schedule. The employee's schedule is set on the Scheduling Information page. The IPSIPS optional module is required to enter an employee's weekly work schedule.
- Check the Show Errors checkbox if you would like the small LCD display to denote the clock event as a Schedule Error.
- (Optional) Check the applicable check boxes to hide benefits on report to exclude specific benefit details on the EOW report. This option can be set per employee.
- These checkboxes will be unchecked by default.
- The "Equipment List", "Physical Keys", and "Alarm Access" fields are automatically audited.
- "Notes" will display in the Employee Directory ⇒ Employee Lists for all employees to view.
- Click on the Documents tab to attach documents associated with the employee.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the document.
- Enter identifying information about the document in the Description field and click on the Add Document button.
- Check the box for Make Public if you would like the document to appear on the employee's Documents list in Classic View.
TIP: The documents section can be used to store employee-related documents such as job applications, W-2's, and contracts.
NOTE: Documents saved in this area can be included in your back-ups by choosing "System Administration » Backups" and clicking on the "User Media Backup" option. Please note, however, that this may increase the file size of your back-ups signficantly.
- Click on the Demographics tab to enter information regarding the employee's gender, U.S. citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, disability status, and military status.
- Click on the Hire Notes tab to add relevant employee notes related to the employee's hiring and/or the employee's release.
- Click on the Administrative tab to assign the employee's TimeIPS permission level(s).
- Click on the Management link to view all of the Management changes for this employee.
- Click on the Administration link to view all of the Administrative changes for this employee.
- Check on the Manager box to assign the employee Manager level access within TimeIPS, which will have them show up on the drop down menu on the Employment tab, be able to view and edit their employee's time, etc.
- Check on the System Administrator box to assign the employee System Administrator level access within TimeIPS, which will give them full system administrator permissions to all system settings.
- Check on the Employee Administrator box to assign the employee Employee Administrator level access within TimeIPS, which will allow them to have full administrator level access without any payroll privileges.
- Check on the Payroll Administrator box to assign the employee Payroll Administrator level access within TimeIPS, which will allow them to edit time for all employees, approve time cards, and run payroll.
- The Schedule tab allows you to enter the employee's individual work schedule by day, including the total minutes allowed before or after the scheduled clock times.
- Select the employee's Schedule Group from the drop-down box.
- Checkmark Deny Early Clock-In to prevent the employee from clocking in or out of TimeIPS when they are outside of their schedule (includes the additional minutes before or after their scheduled clock times.)
- Checkmark E-Mail Schedule Violations to generate an e-mail notification when the employee clocks in or out of TimeIPS outside of their assigned schedule.
TIP: Click on the "Copy" tab above the daily In/Out times to quickly clear the schedule, copy Monday to Tuesday-Friday, copy Monday to Tuesday-Sunday, load a standard 8-5 schedule, or to copy one employee's schedule to another's.
- (Optional) For LCD or Large Display, enter the Total work hours per week that the employee is expected to work and select the Begins on day of week and time of day from the drop-down boxes. When the employee clocks in or out, the LCD or Large Display will show the number of work hours remaining for the week.
NOTE: This function applies to hourly employees only.
- The Helper tab allows you to copy information from one employee to another.
Employee Management Display Options (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
Was this article relevant to your question? Yes No