Applies to versions: 1.5
ADP Export Settings
TimeIPS Payroll Export can generate a file with your payroll data. The file can be opened in a spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc. Using the Payroll Integration with Benefits Tracking (IPSQBI) optional module, the file can be imported in your ADP payroll application.
Security Level Required: Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Payroll and Reports » Payroll Export
Step 2: Configure Export
Before you export:
- After selecting your export contents (date range, employees and export format), click on the Continue to Step 2 --> button.
- The first time you run a payroll export, you will be asked to provide a "preset", or template, for your export. Click on the Add Preset button to configure your payroll preset.
- OR -
If you already have a defined preset you wish to use, select the preset name from the Export Settings pull-down, then skip to Step 4.
NOTE: A Preset is a set of stored settings that are used each time a payroll file is generated. If your settings change from one group of employees to another, you may create multiple presets and select the preset that applies for the group you are exporting at the time.
- The preset window will appear.
The following export settings should be defined prior to running your ADP export:
Once your preset has been configured, click on Save Settings to save, or Cancel to exit without saving.
(Optional) Enter a descriptive Comment to assist in differentiating past and future payroll runs.
- Preset Name: Enter the name you wish to assign to the preset.
- Company Code: Your ADP assigned Company Code; column is included in the payroll export and used to name the exported file
- Batch Number: Value used by ADP to represent a new batch of payroll data in order to prevent duplicate records on subsequent imports
- Pay Number: The Pay Number code defined by ADP
- Hide Pay Number Column: Select “Yes” to remove the Pay Number column in the export file; select “No” to include the column in the export file with the value defined in the “Pay Number” field above.
- Use Expanded Fields: Only set this option if your ADP region uses expanded field sizes.
- Use Custom Field Mapping: Requires special module
- Delimiter: A comma is the default setting. Enter "tab" to use a tab delimiter.
- File Number: Your options are "Alternate Number", "ID/Badge Number" and "Social Security Number (SSN)"
NOTE: Doubletime, holiday, sick, and vacation hours must be idenfied in ADP as "Hours 3" or "Hours 4" and given a unique identifying pay code. Those settings, as defined in your ADP application, will be identified in the Pay Code Name and Pay Code in TimeIPS.
- Doubletime Field Name: Define whether Doubletime hours are coded as “Hours 3” or “Hours 4” in ADP
- Doubletime Code: Enter the Code used to define Doubletime hours
- Deferred Holiday Field Name: Define whether Deferred Holiday hours are coded as “Hours 3” or “Hours 4” in ADP
- Deferred Holiday Code: Enter the Code used to identify Deferred Holiday hours
- Holiday Field Name: Define whether Holiday hours are coded as “Hours 3” or “Hours 4” in ADP
- Holiday Code: Enter the Code used to identify Holiday hours
- Sick Field Name: Define whether Sick hours are coded as “Hours 3” or “Hours 4” in ADP
- Sick Code: Enter the Code used to identify Sick hours
- Vacation Field Name: Define whether Vacation hours are coded as “Hours 3” or “Hours 4” in ADP
- Vacation Code: Enter the Code used to identified Vacation hours
NOTE: If you decide not to calculate time for your payroll export at this time, click on "<-- Back to Step 1"
Once you are ready to calculate payroll, click on the Continue to Step 3 --> button. TimeIPS will calculate your payroll and generate the ADP export file based on the settings in the selected Preset.
Once payroll has been calculated, your screen will refresh back to Step 1 and you will see your pending export at the bottom of the screen. Click on Mark Paid to examine your export file and/or to export the file into ADP.
NOTE: TimeIPS locks the selected payroll events from editing while the payroll is in Pending status. This prevents employees from adjusting time events that are being processed for payroll.
Click on the file name link (EPI011000.csv in the example below) to view the contents of the export in a spreadsheet application such as Excel or OpenOffice Calc. Once you have confirmed that the contents have exported correctly, click on Yes, the export was accepted to import the file into your ADP payroll software, or click the <-- Cancel button to return to Step 1.
NOTE: Once your transactions have been payrolled, TimeIPS will lock the time events from future edits.
With the default settings, the following fields will be exported:
When your payroll has been successfully imported into your ADP payroll software, the screen will refresh and you will see that the "Mark Paid" status has changed to Payrolled.
- Co Code
- Batch ID
- File #
- Pay #
- Temp Rate
- Temp Dept
- Reg Hours
- O/T Hours
- Hours 3 Code
- Hours 3 Amount
- Hours 4 Code
- Hours 4 Amount
NOTE: As you continue to export payroll, TimeIPS will maintain a list of all of your payroll exports. The latest export will always be at the top of this list.
- To review the contents and settings of any payroll export, click on the corresponding link under "Export Comment". Your Payroll Export Details will be displayed.
Payroll Export (TimeIPS Version 1.5) (1.5)