©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
Applies to versions: 1.5, 1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0
Advanced Formatting for Custom Payroll
TimeIPS custom payroll export supports advanced formatting.
The format area consists of the following sections:
- Arbitrary text - This can be anything you want to appear in the column. It is not related to the data. This is useful for adding a leading $, a code like A or B, or a description like Units or Pay before or after the actual data.
- A percent (%) - This tells the advanced formatting that you will be outputting data from the report. Following the %, there are several optional characters that can be put in order to produce the advanced formatting you need:
- Another % will show an actual "%" in the output
- An optional padding character that will be used, if needed, to make the output the right length. Standard padding characters are a space (default if nothing is specified) or a 0. For other padding characters, use a single quote (') in front of the character, i.e. '#.
- An optional alignment specifier that makes the output either left-justified or right-justified. The default is right justified. Put a - character to make it left justified.
- An optional width specifier - For example "2" can be listed next. This will make the length of the output at least this long.
- An optional precision specifier to indicate how many decimal places should be displayed for numbers, or the maximum characters for strings. For example, ".2" will add a decimal point and two digits.
- A data type specifier - For example "f" for numbers with decimals, "d" for numbers without decimal, "s" for text strings or "D" for numbers with implied decimals
- Note: In some fields, two pieces of data are available and can be accessed with %1s and %2s
- To format 25.05 as a pay amount to be "$25.05", use an advanced formatting string such as "$%2.2f"
- To format 5.00 as a pay amount to be "Pay: $005.00", use an advanced formatting string such as "Pay: $%03.2f"
- To format 5.00 with # padding to be "##5.00", use an advanced formatting string such as "$%'#3.2f"
- To format 8.33 units to simply be "Units: 8", use an advanced formatting string such as "Units: %d"
- To format .751 as a work percentage "75%", use an advanced formatting string such as "%2f%%"
- To format .751 as a work percentage "75.1%", use an advanced formatting string such as "%2.1f%%"
- To format 8.5 hours with leading zeros, 4 positions for the number and 4 implied decimal points "00085000", use an advanced formatting string such as "%04.4D"
Special characters can be specified, if needed to put reports on multiple lines, or to include tabs:
- A tab character can be specified with a \t
- A new line character can be specified with a \n
- A return character can be specified with a \r
Note: Some formatting options require Version 1.6.35 or later
For additional help, search the Internet for examples and help in using the "sprintf" function.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.