Applies to versions: 1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10
Peachtree Export Settings
TimeIPS Payroll Export can generate a file with your payroll data. Using the IPSEPI Extended Payroll Integration module, the file can be imported in your Peachtree payroll application.
Security Level Required: Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Payroll and Reports » Payroll Export
Step 1: Select Export Contents
Select a Payroll Type and Payroll Period for the date range you are working on from the drop-down boxes and click on the button labeled Prepare Payroll for Export. Next you should see the payroll calculation being scheduled
NOTE: If necessary, it is possible to manually select your payroll time range and employees as well as change the export settings for payroll using the appropriately labeled tabs at the top of this page..
Step 2: Choose an Export Format
Select Peachtree from the drop down menu and then click on the button labeled Export Payroll Data
Click on Add Preset to begin setting up a preset for the Peachtree export
NOTE: A Preset is a set of stored settings that are used each time a payroll file is generated. If your settings change from one group of employees to another, you may create multiple presets and select the preset that applies for the group you are exporting at the time.
The preset window will appear.
The following export settings should be defined prior to running your Peachtree export:
Once your preset has been configured, click on Save Settings to save, or Cancel to exit without saving.
- Preset Name: Enter the name you wish to assign to the preset.
- Ticket Number Prefix and Starting Ticket Number: Each time ticket transaction in Peachtree has a unique ticket number. You can define the Ticket Number Prefix (such as IPS) and the starting ticket number (such as 1). The first transaction TimeIPS submits will be IPS1 and TimeIPS will increment the ticket number by 1 for each transaction.
- Activity item ID Field Mapping and Default Activity Item (if “Activity item ID” field above is blank):
- If all transactions should be imported into a single Activity Item, set the Activity Item ID Field Mapping to Use default and enter the Peachtree Activity Item ID in the Default Activity Item ID field.
- If you are storing Activity Item IDs for each employee or transaction in a TimeIPS field (such as the Employee's Department or Job Control Number), select that field in the Activity Item ID Field Mapping pull-down. Enter the Default Activity Item ID TimeIPS should use if the mapped field's value is blank for any transaction.
- Customer/Job/Adm (Adm will ignore "Completed for ID"), Completed for ID Field Mapping and Default Completed for ID (if "Completed for ID" field above is blank):
- If all transactions should be imported as Administrative Time Tickets (not per job), set the Customer/Job/Adm to Adm, leave the Completed for ID Field Mapping to Blank, and Default Completed for ID blank.
- If you are storing Job or Customer IDs for each employee or transaction in a TimeIPS field (such as Employee's Department for Job Code), set the Customer/Job/Adm either to Customer (indicating Customer ID) or Job (indicating Job ID), select the TimeIPS field in the Completed for ID Field Mapping pull-down, and enter the Default Completed for ID TimeIPS should use if the mapped field's value is blank for any transaction.
- Override Billing Rate with Job/Employee Hourly Rate from TimeIPS: TimeIPS can provide Peachtree with employee's hourly rates as the Peachtree Job/Customer Billing Rate for each transaction. If you want to use this functionality, set the pull-down to Yes.
- Standardtime Code: Enter the Code used to define regular hours
- Overtime Code: Enter the Code used to define overtime hours
- Doubletime Code: Enter the Code used to define Doubletime hours
- Deferred Holiday Code: Enter the Code used to identify Deferred Holiday hours
- Holiday Code: Enter the Code used to identify Holiday hours
- Sick Code: Enter the Code used to identify Sick hours
- Vacation Code: Enter the Code used to identified Vacation hours
Step 3: Export Payroll
- On the next screen be sure that your new preset is the one selected in the Export Settings Preset drop down menu.
- Optionally if you wish to add a comment to the export making it unique and easily identifiable you can do so now.
- Click Continue
Step 4: Download Payroll Export
Note: Editing of time events is locked during payroll processing to avoid having another user make changes via the Time/Edit Report that would not be reflected properly in the current payroll run.
Click on the download link to save the newly created payroll export file.
If you have confirmed that the information contained in this export is correct and wish to permanently lock the payroll period click the button labeled Yes, the export was accepted otherwise choose Cancel, return to TimeIPS
If you chose Cancel return to TimeIPS the export will be listed as Pending. Pending exports can be exported again to other payroll output formats as often as you like until they have been finalized
If you chose Yes, the export was accepted you should now see the payroll run labeled as Exported Exported payroll runs are locked, time can no longer be edited in the system for this period of time.
The TimeIPS Knowledge Base is updated frequently.
Please continue to check back for further details about TimeIPS payroll exports.
For immediate assistance with any of the above payroll exports,
call our Customer Support staff at 877-846-3256.
Setting up Peachtree
NOTE: You must have pay rates in Peachtree for each type of pay (example: overtime, standard, vacation) with out them you will get an error during the import about the pay type . Peachtree only supports 40 hours for salary employees so TimeIPS will only export standard time for employees marked salaried.
Step 1: Setting Employees to use Time Tickets
From the Maintain menu, select Maintain Employees/Sales Reps. Peachtree displays the Maintain Employees Sales Reps window.
Select the Pay Info tab.
Enter or select the employee ID. To display a list of existing employees, type ? in this field, or select the Lookup button.
Select Hourly-Time Ticket Hours from the Pay Method list.
Verify or enter appropriate pay rates for each hourly pay level.
select the Save button.
Step 2: Creating a Default Activity Item for Payroll
NOTE: If you already have an Activity Item for payroll you can skip this step.
Select Inventory Items from the Maintain menu.
Enter a unique item ID for the activity item.
Select either Activity item as the item class.
Enter a short description of the activity item.
Enter the Stocking U/M, Item Type, and Location for the item.
The default G/L income account is displayed. If this is not correct, you can change the account to something more appropriate for this particular item.
Select the Item Tax Type code (this determines whether or not the item is exempt from taxes).
select the Save button.
Step 3: Creating an Import Template
Select Import/Export from the File menu.
On The Fields Tab only have the following marked to Show.
Select the Options Tab.
Put a check mark in the First Row Contains Headings box under Import Options.
Under Import/Export File click on the arrow and choose the location where you plan on saving your Peachtree export file from TimeIPS.
Click on the Save button and name the Settings TimeIPS.
- Employee/Vendor, Recorded by ID, Ticket Number, Ticket Date, Has been used in Sales/Invoicing, Activity Item ID, Customer/Job/Adm, Completed for ID, Pay Level, Has been used in Payroll, Manual/Timed Option, Duration, Billing Type, Billing Rate, Billing Status, Billing Amount
Payroll Export (TimeIPS Version 1.6) (1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10)
Peachtree Export Settings (TimeIPS Version 1.6) (1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10)
Peachtree Export Settings (1.11, 2.0, 2.1)