©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
Applies to versions: 1.8, 1.9, 1.10
Import/Update Employee, Department, or Site Information
TimeIPS can import Employee, Department, and Site information and can also update records using the TimeIPS Import/Update Feature. The TimeIPS Employee Import and Export optional module is required.
Permission: Employee Management -> Employees
Default Permission Group: Employee Administrator or Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Employees » Import/Export
- Export the Information to Create a Template. By exporting the employee, department, or site information, you create a template file to either fill in the necessary information or rename the field labels in your existing spreadsheet of information.
- Adjust the spreadsheet as necessary.
- If you already have a spreadsheet of the information you wish to import, open your existing spreadsheet and manipulate the column headers to match the field labels in the template you created in step 1.
- If you do not already have a spreadsheet of the information you wish to import, enter the information into the template file you created in step 1.
- Save the spreadsheet file of the information you wish to import as a Comma Separated (CSV) file.
- Import the Information into TimeIPS.
- Click on the Browse button and navigate to the CSV file to be imported.
- If importing employee data, select No in the Import/Update Blank Employee Fields if you do NOT want to clear employee's data in TimeIPS if the data is blank in the import file.
NOTE: TimeIPS will overwrite employee data with blank information ONLY if 1) the column exists in the CSV file with the correct column header, 2) the employee's data for the column is blank, and 3) Yes is selected in the "Import/Update Blank Employee Fields". This option does not apply to the Departments Import/Update.
- Select the data to be imported in the Import/Update field.
- Specify the Division
- Select the Type of Import
- The different Employee selections allow you to specify the unique factor under an employee. This allows you to have multiple employees with the same name, SSN, or Badge Number.
- Employees (Name as key)
- Employees (SSN as key)
- Employees (Badgenumber as key)
- Sites Coverage
- Sites Employees
- Click on the Import/Update button.
The following file requirements must be met to import data into TimeIPS:
- The file must be a comma separated value (CSV) file. (i.e. Excel worksheet, OpenOffice Spreadsheet, or ASCII Comma Delimited)
- The field (column) name must be exact. You may delete columns. Columns may be in any order.
- Blank fields WILL DELETE existing data during an update if you do select "Yes" to Import/update Blank Fields. If you do not want to overwrite the data, delete the column or select "No" to Import/Update Blank Fields.
NOTE: TimeIPS updates employee records using the employee's last, first, and middle name, if specified. The names must match exactly during an update or a new employee will be created. Therefore, you can not update these fields using this feature.
NOTE: You are now able to update an Employees name as long as you use a different common factor as the key, such as SSN or Badge/ID number.
NOTE: Some fields, such as Pay Rate and Security Levels, include audit records when adjusted. The Import/Update Feature may not add audit records indicating the field was adjusted.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.