Applies to versions: 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5
Ports Used by TimeIPS
On-site TimeIPS servers communicate via TCP/IP to update software, keep time synchronized and provide diagnostic functions. Listed below are the remote IP addresses and ports used. Standard firewall/router configurations usually allow access to external sites without any special configuration. In locations with extremely tight network security, access to external IP addresses and ports may be limited to a special "whitelist" of known and authorized remote systems. If this is the case for you, then please allow access to each of the items on the list that follows. Different routers require different configuration techniques to allow these ports to be open. Please check with your router hardware provider for specific instructions on how to configure your specific router. Please note, the ports and IP addresses simply require that the port be open to allow TCP/IP traffic. TimeIPS servers DO NOT require port forwarding rules or any access from the outside to your internal network.
Firewall/Router Ports (TCP outgoing) that need to be open:
These ports need to be open to allow traffic out to the Internet.
- 80 and 443 (HTTPS) to 220.127.116.11 Required to authenticate for updates and off-site backups.
- 9443 (and alternatively 443 HTTPS) to 18.104.22.168 to enable interactive troubleshooting and assistance from TimeIPS Support.
- 9444 (and alternatively 443 HTTPS) to 22.214.171.124 Required to download updates and make off-site backups.
- 80 (HTTP) to timeips.com (126.96.36.199) Recommended for faster update speeds.
- 53 (DNS) Required for name resolution.
- 25 (SMTP) Required for email reports and messages. NOTE: Many ISPs block port 25. If this is the case for you, use your ISP's mail server, or configure email with a different port in TimeIPS and on your mail server and open the corresponding port on your firewall.
- 123 (NTP) Recommended for time synchronization. Note: NTP requires UDP, not TCP. If using ntp.timeips.com (the default) be sure this port is open to 188.8.131.52.
- 80 and 443 (and alternatively your asp-port number) to 184.108.40.206 for access to ASP systems.
Firewall/Router Ports (TCP incoming) that need to be forwarded:
If you have clocks or users outside your local network, these ports need to be "port-forwarded" in your router or firewall.