Applies to versions: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
Departments are used to group employees. The Currently In view in the Directory displays clocked in employees by department. The employee's department is also included on a number of reports.
Security Level Required: Employee Administrator or Payroll Administrator
Using the left pane Main Menu, click on: Administration » Employee Management » Departments
To Add a New Department:
- Click on the Add New Department icon at the top of the page or button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the Department Name and (optional) Department Code.
- (Optional) To assign existing employees to this department, highlight employee(s) names on the Employees in Other Departments list and click on the > right arrow.
- Click on the Create Department button.
To Edit an Existing Department
- Click on the + plus sign to the left of the department name to expand the department's details.
- Enter or adjust the department's Name and/or Code as necessary.
- To move employees from the current department to another, highlight the employee's name in the Current Employees list, select the new department in the Move selected employees to pull-down list, and click on the Move button.
NOTE: You can disable a department name by unchecking the "Allow Use" button. You cannot disable any department that is in use by an employee. You must first move the employees to a different department.
NOTE: You can view inactive departments by expanding the Display Options, clicking on the "Show inactive departments", and clicking on the "Display" button.
- Collapse the department details by clicking on the - negative sign to the left of the department name to save the information.
NOTE: You can quickly change a department's name or code by clicking on the appropriate value in the table view.
NOTE: The Number of employees currently assigned to the department display next to the department code in the table.
NOTE: Click on the "Move Employees" button to go to Employee Administration. You can change an employee's department by clicking on the department next to the employee's name in the table.
View Currently Clocked In Employees (1.3, 1.4, 1.5)
View Department Information (1.3, 1.4, 1.5)
Import/Export Employee Information (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
Adjust Employee Records (1.3, 1.4)
Getting Started with TimeIPS (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
©2004-2017 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.