Applies to versions: 1.10
1.9 to 1.10 Migration Guide
TimeIPS version 1.10.x offers many upgrades and improvements over version 1.9.x. To make the most of the new version, please review the following changes: Note: Some of the items listed require optional modules, which may or may not be listed in the description of the change.
- Managers may need to be aware of the following:
- New Organizational Units system allows tracking employees based on their role. Existing departments will be copied into Organizational Units, as this was the only role for Departments in versions prior to 1.10.x
- Departments now offer the ability to for tracking against worked time, benefit time, holiday time and/or piecework. If departments are already in use to track employee membership within your organization, they can continue in this role, or the new Organizational Units system can be used instead.
- In addition, Administrators need to be aware of the following:
- Additional options for Holidays include the ability to limit the amount of time on a holiday that will be promoted to OT/DT, and the ability to dynamically reduce the amount of holiday pay when an employee works on a holiday.
- The Workorder-Job interface has been updated. The new interface works better when using hundreds of jobs on a single workorder, and/or frequently adding and removing many jobs from a workorder.
- Custom data fields can be defined for employees. These fields can be used to store information that doesn't fit in the standard employee fields.
- Holidays now include the option to only require adjacent day work before or after the holiday to qualify.
Was this article relevant to your question? Yes No
©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.