©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
Applies to versions: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0
MasterBuilder Integration - Setup TimeIPS
TimeIPS can directly transfer employees' time worked into MasterBuilder with the MasterBuilder integration feature available in the optional IPSEPI enhanced payroll integration module. The Integration should be done on the computer where MasterBuilder is installed and payroll is run. Four applications will be running during the integration: TimeIPS, MasterBuilder API, the TimeIPS MasterBuilder client, and MasterBuilder.
Before running the Master Builder Integration for the first time, you will need to setup your TimeIPS MasterBuilder Export Settings. These settings do not need to be adjusted each time you run the Integration unless changes are made to your MasterBuilder Payroll Types or other settings.
- Add MasterBuilder Employee ID and Comp Code
- Configure Payroll Export options Preset
Add MasterBuilder Employee ID and Comp Code
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, go to: Employees » Employees
- Click the plus sign in front of an employee and choose the Employment tab.
- Put the Master Builder Employee ID in the Alternate Number field.
Note:You can find your employees Master Builder Employee ID in Master Builder by going to menu 5-1-1 and run a employee list report.
- Put the Master Builder Comp Code in the Title/Position field.
Note:You can find your employees Master Builder comp code in Master Builder by going to menu 5-1-5 and run a workers comp report. You could also use other fields in TimeIPS to store the workers comp code such as the employee ssn field.
- Click on the employees required tab to save.
Configure Payroll Export options Preset
A MasterBuilder preset will need to be created in order to export.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: Payroll » Payroll Export
- Click the + (plus) sign to the left of Payroll Format Settings bar to expand the window.
- From the drop down box, select the Sage MasterBuilder file format to modify.
- Click the Edit Payroll Export Settings button to bring up the editing screen.
If you have not already created a MasterBuilder preset, you will see the following screen.
Click the Add Preset button to begin setup.
NOTE: A Preset is a set of stored settings that are used each time a payroll file is generated. If your settings change from one group of employees to another, you may create multiple presets and select the preset that applies for the group you are exporting at the time.
The preset window will appear.
If you have not yet downloaded the TimeIPS MasterBuilder Client, you can do so here. Click on the TimeIPS MasterBuilder Client (smbTimeIPS.exe) link at the top of the page and save it to an easily-accessed location on your computer, such as your desktop. (Instructional article)
NOTE: Make sure to install the TimeIPS MasterBuilder Client
on the computer running MasterBuilder. You will launch this application each time you run the payroll integration.
See Also:MasterBuilder Integration - Payroll Export (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)MasterBuilder Integration - Setup TimeIPS (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)MasterBuilder Integration - Setup MasterBuilder (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)
- The Preset Name can be anything you choose. In this example we have used the name Master Builder
- The MasterBuilder File Company Name is the name of the Company in Masterbuilder that TimeIPS will be integrating with.
- The MasterBuilder Username is the User name of the user in Masterbuilder that TimeIPS will be integrating with.
- The MasterBuilder Computer IP Address is the IP address of the computer that you are running the MasterBuilder program on and is where you will run the Integration.
- Set the Master Builder Employee ID field to match the field in TimeIPS that you have entered the MasterBuilder Employee ID into.
- Set Check for existence of Entities in MasterBuilder before starting export to Yes.
NOTE: If this is set to yes and TimeIPS finds information that does not match in both MasterBuilders and TimeIPS it will not export until corrected.
- Set the correct code for the MasterBuilder Pay Type they can be 0-9.
NOTE: These are hard coded in MasterBuilder. Regular Pay-1, Overtime-2, Premium-3, Sick-4, Vacation-5, Holiday-6, Piece Work-7, Per Diem-8, and Misc-9.
- Setting up the "MasterBuilder Job Tracking and Custom Field".
- Once your preset has been configured, click on Save Settings to save, or Cancel to exit without saving.
- On the next screen be sure that your new preset is the one selected in the Export Settings Preset drop down menu.
- Click Done.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.