Applies to versions: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5
Relay Control: Manage Relay Timers/Schedules
Relay Timers/Schedules allow the configuration of relays to trigger at set times to match your schedule. This is useful for signalling shift changes or the beginning/ending of break periods.
To use the relay triggers/timers you must purchase and install a TimeIPS® Relay Control unit from our secure website. You can install one TimeIPS® Relay Control unit per TimeIPS® Clock and activate of up to three devices for a specified amount of time.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: Clocking » Relay Controls
Click on the Manage Relay Timers/Schedules button or the Timed Relays icon at the top.
Add a New Relay Timer
- Select an Action to occur at the specified time.
- Select one or more Relay Channels to be affected by this timer rule. To select multiple relay channels, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking.
- Select the Time the relay channel(s) specified above should occur.
- Select the Duration, in seconds, before the timer action reverses itself. If not specified, the action will not be reversed.
- If you would like the timer to Repeat for the duration specified above after a given amount of minutes, specify that value in the first box. If the repeating should stop after a set amount of minutes, specify that time in the second box. Both fields are optional.
- Select one or more Days when this timer will work. To select multiple days, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking.
- Select the TimeIPS® Clock Stations that are allowed to trigger this event. To select multiple TimeIPS® Clocks, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking. You may wish to name your stations in the Clock Configuration area.
- Click the Create Timer button.
The created Relay Timers appear at the bottom of the page where they can be Edited, Deactivated, or Deleted.
Was this article relevant to your question? Yes No
©2004-2017 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.