Applies to versions: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5
The TimeIPS API modules provide a programming API to allow integration with external systems.
Please contact your TimeIPS sales representative for more information.
TimeIPS provides the following API modules:
- IPSIAPI Allows automated import and updates of Employees and related entities such as Departments, Jobs, Sites, etc..
- IPSCAPI: Allows automated clocking and status checks such as Clock-In, Clock-Out , Change Job, etc.
- IPSSAPI Allows automated server functions such as getting employee lists, getting worked time, requesting/approving benefits, etc .
- IPSDBRO Allows read-only access directly to the database tables used by TimeIPS.
- IPSPAPI Allows automated generation of payroll-aware reports with access to overtime, shift differentials, etc.
To use any of the API's, an employee with permission to perform the required action is required. Create a full-permission employee in TimeIPS and activate the "API Script User" option under:
Administration -> Clocking -> Remote Clocking.
This user and password will be what you use to authenticate the API transactions you send.
While the API can be used to read and write data to the TimeIPS, it may not provide the fastest or most flexible way to read data. In these cases the TimeIPS DBRO module can be used which allows direct database access. With DBRO, you can write and run your own queries as needed.