Applies to versions: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0
External Resources provide a way to connect to external systems for integration. Files can be read and/or written to external resouces.
One of the following modules is required: IPSSYNC, IPSEML, or IPSLNK
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: System » External Resources.
Add New External Resource
- To Add a new External Resource, click the + (plus) sign next to "Add New External Resource."
- Add a descriptive Name and click the Create button to save.
- Click the + (plus) sign next to the name of the New External Resource.
- Optionally, add a Description of this resource and/or its intended use.
- From the dropdown list, select the Type of server. Currently, the only supported type is a "CIFS (Samba)" which will allow connecting to a Windows file share.
- Enter in the URI or address of the Server. This can be an IP address, domain name, or whatever identifier is appropriate for the resource type. The URI will be of the format //servername_or_ip/resourcename
- Supply a valid Username and Password.
- Test Connection: After saving the resource, click Test to see if the connection is successful. If it is, a listing of the contents of the external resource will be displayed.
If files fail to deliver, they will appear on the Queued Files tab. TimeIPS will continue to retry delivery at regular intervals.
©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.