©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
Applies to versions: 2.2
2.1 to 2.2 Migration Guide
TimeIPS version 2.2.x offers many upgrades and improvements over version 2.1.x. To make the most of the new version, please review the following changes: Note: Some of the items listed require optional modules, which may or may not be listed in the description of the change.
- IMPORTANT: TimeIPS 2.x upgrades all core system components. If you are still running 1.x TimeIPS on a hardware server please check compatibility with your model and SN here.
Managers may need to be aware of the following:
- Batch Time CSV Import can now:
- specify a start/stop time or start time/duration
- identify an employee by their badge number
- import Department using the Dept code
- More user friendly permission summary tab makes it easier to see what permissions employees have
Administrators should know
- New 4-week paycycle option available under payroll types
- Support for new, updated and improved TimeIPS Desktop Clocking Application.
- The Custom Employee Import feature has been replaced by the Import Preprocessor feature combined with the new comfirmation upgrade function on the standard Employee Import page.
- If you would like to ask your employees if they took a lunch without clocking, ask them in the clock out note. Then the auto lunch duration can apply that to the lunch.
- A Pre-check feature has been added to Payroll Exports, allowing pre-checks to run separately before payroll is prepared.
- Locking options have been added to Payroll Export preparation, including Influence Bounds as an expansion. This is helpful to prevent long-running payroll preparations from being invalidated by unexpected edits.
- Two new options have been added to Selection Groups under General: "Active or Recently Active Employees (last 90 days)" and "Employees Not Recently Active (last 90 days)". "Active or Recently Active Employees" is especially useful for payroll reports. This option allows all the recently active employees to be included so they receive pay, but excludes the majority of inactive employees you do not need (that slow down the processing time).
- Clock Configuration: Note field prompt text can be customized at the network clock
- Clock Configuration: New option offers note prompt when smart clocking
- New Remote Service Only page allows division importation from a backup into an existing system. Allows the combination of several separate servers into an equal number of divisions on the same server.
- Auto Lunches now have expressions to define lunch length
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.