Applies to versions: 2.2
TimeIPS What's New - Version 2.2
TimeIPS is continually developed and improved with new features and enhancements. Below is an overview of the newest features and enhancements available with TimeIPS Version 2.2.
NOTE: Some of the items listed require optional modules, which may or may not be listed in the description of the change.
Minor version updates to the major version of TimeIPS you are currently running (i.e. version 2.2) are always available. Simply make sure that Automatic Updates checkbox is checked and you will receive regular automatic minor version updates. In some cases, the latest minor version releases are rolled-out in phases. If you'd like to get a minor version update before your roll-out phase, please contact TimeIPS technical support.
New Features in TimeIPS version 2.2
- New 4-week paycycle option available under payroll types
- New option to import a division from a backup into an existing system. Allows the combination of several separate servers into divisions on a single server.
- Auto Lunches now have expressions to define lunch length
- Clock Configuration: Note field prompt text can be customized at the network clock
- Clock Configuration: New option offers note prompt when smart clocking
- Pre-check feature has been added to Payroll Exports, allowing pre-checks to run separately before payroll is prepared.
- Locking options have been added when preparing Payroll Exports, including Influence Bounds as an expansion. This can prevent unexpected invalidations by edits during the preparation.
- Two new options have been added to Selection Groups under General: "Active or Recently Active Employees (last 90 days)" and "Employees Not Recently Active (last 90 days)". "Active or Recently Active Employees" is especially useful for payroll reports. This option allows all the recently active employees to be included so they receive pay, but excludes the majority of inactive employees you do not need (that only slow down the processing time).
- A new Special Report is available to facilitate compliance with ACA reporting requirements, showing monthly hours/week per employee.
- A Report Queue allows full access employees to view all recently completed and currently running reports.
- Remote/Web clocking includes a new mode with extra large fonts and buttons to make clocking via a smartphone much easier.
- A new Desktop Clocking Application is available for Windows that supports a list of employees and simple click-in, click-out clocking.
- A warning appears as a reminder to make backups if one has not been made in the last 7 days.
- Job membership now includes an option to be determined by custom logic in an Expression.
- A new option for Remote/Web clocking requires that employees select a job when clocking.
- Specific Jobs and Departments can now be removed from the drop-down list when employees use Remote/Web clocking.
- Divisions can now be purged from the system (rather than just deactivating them).
- On a system with multiple Divisions, a Backup can be created with a single Division.
- Divisions can now be duplicated and merged.
- Partial data reset can now be done on a per-division level.
- Departments can be tracked against worked time, and therefore can also be an option in the Quickbooks payroll export when constructing the "item" for employee's worked time.
- The Job and Phase as used in Quickbooks can now be mapped in the TimeIPS export formatting.
- Other additinal new data that is available for Quickbooks includes the employee default department.
- The number of days and exact dates of each payroll period can now be seen in advance and adjusted as needed.
Improvements in TimeIPS version 2.2
- Improved clocking performance at network clocks (aka clients)
- Quick remapping of all a permission group's targets
- More user friendly permission summary tab
- Happier, less creepy default employee badge image
- Batch Time CSV Import can now:
- specify a start/stop time or start time/duration
- identify an employee by their badge number
- import Department using the Dept code
- Option to set a custom prompt for walk-up clock note entry
- Abiity to control the length of automatic lunches, including looking at the clock note to determine if it should apply or not.
TimeIPS What's New - Version Comparison Table
2.1 to 2.2 Migration Guide (2.2)
Was this article relevant to your question? Yes No
©2004-2018 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.