Applies to versions: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5
Import/Export Payroll Types
TimeIPS can import Payroll Types and can also update records using the TimeIPS Import/Update Feature. The IPSEMP Employee Import/Export optional module is required.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: Payroll » Import/Export
To Import Data
- Click on the Browse button and navigate to the CSV file to be imported.
- If you have created an Import/Update Preprocessor and wish to use it, select it from the drop-down box. (See the Import Preprocessor article for more details and instructions.)
- Click on the Import/Update Payroll Types button.
NOTE: TimeIPS updates payroll types using the Payroll Type name. Therefore, you can not update this field using this feature.
To Export Data
- Click on the Export Payroll Types Data button.
- A File Download or similar window displays:
NOTE: Your screen may look different than the screen above, depending on your computer's operating system.
- Select to Save the file to disk and save it in an easy-to-find location such as your desktop.
- A Save As or similar screen displays:
- Double-click on the file to open the saved employee export file in your spreadsheet application or import the file into the applicable application .
NOTE: Some spreadsheet applications do not extend columns enough, designated in numeric columns with "######". Click and drag the column's right margin to extend it manually.
©2004-2017 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.