Applies to versions: 2.5
2.4 to 2.5 Migration Guide
TimeIPS version 2.5.x offers many upgrades and improvements over version 2.4.x. To make the most of the new version, please review the following changes:
Note: Some of the items listed require optional modules, which may or may not be listed in the description of the change.
- IMPORTANT: TimeIPS 2.x upgrades all core system components. If you are still running 1.x TimeIPS on a hardware server please check compatibility with your model and SN here.
Managers may need to be aware of the following:
- Hire and release dates can be scheduled retroactively and/or ahead of time.
- Employee Title and Status are now time tracked along with pay history.
- The start of Holidays and Benefits can be set in relation to a rehire date.
- New warnings will appear if there is work time outside the employment span.
- The Audit History for employment combined with the pay history is converted to employment spans. Dates and times are based on when the admin hired/released the employee, combined with the employee's work and benefit history. The exact hire and release dates/times can be edited to reflect employees official first and final days of employment.
- Schedule Groups had an option for "Salary Balance" that allowed salary employees to have their hours balanced to their scheduled hours. This has been expanded so it can also be used for hourly employees if configured correctly, and has been renamed "Time Balancing."
Administrators should know
- The 2.4 to 2.5 upgrade will convert Employee pay history and active/inactive audits into a full pay history. This should be reviewed for all employees to ensure accuracy after the upgrade.
- Accruals have some additional options for tenure, waiting period, and the date accruals run. Additionally, employees can have one or more employment spans marked as the beginning for benefits. The employment span marked as the benefit beginning should be reviewed for accuracy for all employees after upgrade.
- The waiting period for holidays is now based on the employment span set as the employee's start for holidays. Employees can have one or more holiday starts, if they have been hired, released and rehired over the years. All re-hired employees should have their holiday start reviewed for accuracy after upgrade.
- There is a new permission item to allow managers to set the job connected with a time event for restricted jobs that the employee is not allowed to use. This permission should be reviewed and set to preference after upgrade.
- For users of the IPSDBRO database module, any queries looking for a field "isActive" in the users table will need to be updated as this field has been removed. Instead, join the users table to the pay_history table with the time when you want to know if the employee is active or not.
- The permission for Schedule Source is now configurable and the default is set to Employee Schedule permission.
- The frequency at which the system processes Schedule Group Advanced Rules can now be specified. It may be a good idea to run complex tasks less frequently. If unsure, 5 minutes is usually a safe default. Rules created prior to this feature run each minute.
- A start date is no longer tracked as a single field. However, some areas (i.e. payroll exports) use a "start date" so in this instance it was kept and renamed the payroll sync start date. Any date you want can be entered there and it can pass to a payroll system. It's important to note that this date no longer relates to anything else in TimeIPS, it's there for reference and/or payroll exports.
©2004-2019 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.