Applies to versions: 2.5, 3.0
TimeIPS maintains employee records for both active and released employees. This article explains how to inactivate, reactive and delete employee records.
Terminating an Employee
TimeIPS stores employee's time and payroll information historically. You will mark terminated employees as no longer employed, rather than deleting their information completely from TimeIPS. You may delete employee records only if the employee does not have any time data and/or a payroll cycle has not passed.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: Employees » Employees
- Click on the + sign next to the name of the terminated employee to expand the record.
- Click on the Pay tab.
- On the Pay tab, click the + sign to the right of the most current Pay History entry. (In this example, it is the bottom entry with a Pay Rate of $9.25/hour.)
TIP: The easiest way to find the most current entry is to look at the "Effective" date. If it says "ongoing", then it is still open.
- Once the entry is expanded, enter the termination date and time in the Effective Until field.
NOTE: The termination date is the last day the employee worked. If this is being future dated, set the time to allow the employee to clock out. For example, if the employee's last day is today and they will be clocking out at 5pm, set the date to today and the time to 5:30pm.
- Click the Save Row button to complete the termination.
NOTE: A Root User must be assigned at all times. If the only Root User is being terminated, first assign a new Root User. To assign a Root User, add an Employee to the "Full Access" Permission group on the Permissions page
Set Automatic Termination
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: System » Company/Divisions
- Click on the + (plus) sign to the left of your Company's Division.
- From the Cleanup tab, enter the number of days an employee should be automatically terminated after inactivity. Inactivity refers to no worked time, benefits, holidays, or piecework.
- If there are certain groups of employees that this does not apply to, check the box next to that group.
- Click Save Row to implement the changes.
Rehiring an Employee
TimeIPS stores employee's time and payroll information historically. Once an employee's record has been marked as no longer employed, the record becomes inactive but can later be reactivated if the employee is rehired.
Back under the Main Menu » Administration, click on: Employees » Employees
- Click on the + sign on the Display Options bar to expand the window.
- Check the box next to Show Inactive Employees, then click on the Display button. Both active and inactive employees will display.
- Click on the + sign next to the inactive employee's name to expand their record.
- Click on the Pay tab.
- On the Pay tab, click the + sign on the New Pay History Entry bar.
- Select the Pay Type, then enter the Pay Rate, Effective date of employment, and other pertinent information.
- Click the Add Entry button to add the new pay history entry and then click Save Row.
NOTE: If the employee's original ID/Badge number has been reassigned to a different employee, you must assign a new ID/Badge number to the rehired employee on the Required tab before leaving this screen.
TIP: Use the "Suggest ID/Badge Number" to generate an unassigned badge number.
Deleting an Employee Record
TimeIPS stores employee's time and payroll information historically. An employee's record can only be deleted if the employee has never clocked in or out and/or a payroll cycle has not passed.
- Click on the + sign next to the employee's name to expand the employee record.
- Click on the Employment tab.
- Click on the Delete Employee button. TimeIPS will ask you to confirm the deletion. Click on OK. The employee record will be deleted.
NOTE: The "Delete Employee" button will not appear if any time events are associated with the employee's record or if a payroll cycle has passed. Instead, it will show "Disabled".