Applies to versions: 2.4
How to use the Vonets VAP11G-300 wireless bridge with the IPS125T.
The Vonets VAP11G-300 is an example of a wireless bridge which can be used to provide wireless networking for an IPS125T clock.
TimeIPS does not offer networking products, such as the VAP11G-300, but has tested this device and confirmed its operation with the TimeIPS system.
As a convenience to our customers, we offer the following guide on installing and using the VAP11G-300. The initial configuration of the VAP11G-300 requires connecting it to a PC or laptop.
1. Be sure your computer is configured to obtain its IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS addresses automatically.
2. Connect the Ethernet cable from the bridge to the network jack of your computer and then connect the USB cable from the bridge to an available USB port on your computer.
3. The bridge should complete its boot process and provide an IP address to your computer within about 60 seconds. The blue LED on the bridge should be flashing rapidly.
4. Open a web browser on your computer and navigate to the IP address of the bridge. The IP address is listed on the bottom of the bridge and/or on the bottom of the bridge’s packaging. Typically, the address is 192.168.254.254.
5. Enter the username and password for the bridge and click Login. The username and password are listed on the bottom of the bridge and/or on the bottom of the bridge’s packaging. Typically, the username and password are admin.
6. You should see a screen listing the available wireless networks.
7. Select the wireless network you wish to join and click Next.
8. Enter the wireless network passphrase (if applicable) and click Apply.
9. When the screen refreshes, verify the settings and click Reboot.
10. The bridge should reboot and complete its boot process within 60 to 90 seconds. The blue LED on the bridge should be flashing rapidly. Your computer should now have an IP address on the wireless network (assuming the wireless network has an active DHCP server and an available address).
11. The screen in your web browser will not refresh. Test the connection to the wireless network by navigating to a website. If you are able to reach the website, the configuration of the bridge is complete.
12. Disconnect the bridge from your computer and connect it to your IPS125T. As with the computer, both the Ethernet cable and the USB cable must be connected.
13. The IPS125T should obtain an IP address on the wireless network within about 90 seconds (again, assuming the wireless network has an active DHCP server and an available address).
14. Continue the configuration of the IPS125T if it is not already configured. If the network clock is already configured, check to see if the am/pm following the time on the LCD display is lowercase or uppercase.
15. If the am/pm is lowercase, the network clock has not established a connection with your TimeIPS master. Verify whether the network clock has received an IP address on the wireless network. If not, check whether or not the wireless network uses DHCP and whether or not there are available IP addresses.
16. If the am/pm is uppercase, the network clock has established a connection with your TimeIPS master. Test the connection by attempting to clock in/out.
Depending on how many peripherals (and therefore cables) are connected to your IPS125T, the bridge may be able to be tucked away inside the cable well on the back of the network clock.
The bridge will obtain an IP address on the wireless network. If for some reason you need/want to know the IP address of the bridge, you’ll need to look at the DHCP list or Host/client list in your wireless AP/router. Find the MAC address of the bridge in the list. The MAC address of the bridge is listed on the bottom of the bridge.
The configuration interface for the bridge is not accessible once the bridge has been configured. If you need to change the configuration of the bridge, the bridge will need to be restored to factory default settings and configured again.
To reset the bridge to factory default settings, press and hold the reset button (while the bridge is powered on) for 5 seconds and release. The reset button is located on the rear of the bridge next to the cables. Once the bridge has been restored to factory default settings, it will need to be connected to a PC or laptop again for configuration.