©2004-2023 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
Applies to versions: 3.2
Remote/Web Clock Setup
Remote/web Clock Setup allows viewing and managing remote clocking configuration options.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: Clocking » Remote/Web Clocking Administration
Click on the Remote/Web Clocking Setup icon at the top of the page.
View Remote Clock
To view the current Remote Clock display, use the left pane Main Menu » My TimeIPS, click on: Remote Clocking
Remote Clock Setup
Back on the Remote Clocking Clock Setup page, make the changes you would like to see in the Remote Clock display.
- You can choose to leave the Logo Graphic as is, Upload a New Logo or Restore the Default Logo.
- Status Display Time: When "Remain logged in after clocking" below is disabled, the Remote Clocking interface will return to the login screen after displaying the employee's status for the specified time. Leave blank to disable this behavior.
- Allow Multiple Actions (without remember me): When checked, after clocking in, clocking out, changing jobs, or checking status, the Remote Clocking interface will temporarily remember the employee and allow additional actions.
- When the Display the "remember me" option is checked, the option to have the page remember the employee permanently will be displayed.
- The One-Button Interface uses a single button for clocking in and out and for changing jobs. The default interface offers separate Clock In, Clock Out, and Change Job buttons to specify which action to take.
- When Log In with Badge Numbers is checked, the Remote Clocking interface will request the employee's Badge Number instead of the employee's username and password.
- When the Accept Login on Status Page box is checked, instead of returning to the login screen after displaying the employee's status, the Remote Clocking interface will accept another login on the same page.
- Checking the Enable Prompt for Work Order Completion box, enables the prompt for the percentage completion on Work Orders from the Remote Clocking interface. Use with "Enable Work Order selector" option above.
- Checking the Enable Mobile Mode by Default box, enables extra large fonts and buttons by default, designed to make clocking easier to use on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet. Users can always switch which mode they prefer via the Remote Clock and the system will remember their preference by device.
- Checking the Enable Mobile/Desktop toggle button will display a button to change to/from mobile and desktop mode.
- Checking Enable Return to TimeIPS button will display a button to allow employees to return to TimeIPS.
- If you would like to Rename the "Job Code" field, type it into the box.
- If you would like to Rename the "Work Order" field, type it into the box.
- If you would like to Require Job Selection when employees clock in, check that box.
- If you would like to Allow Text Input for Job Selection when employees clock in, check that box. (When checked, the following 2 options will display.)
- If an Unknown Job is typed into the text input job selector, choose which Action to take. This will apply everytime there is not an exact match. The default action is to disallow and create an error message.
- If you would like to flag the time event as a clock error upon clocking into an unknown job, check the Flag Clock Error on Unknown Job box.
- If you would like to Show Recent Punches when employees clock in, check the Expand List by Default box as well as provide the Number of Days to include in the list.
- Check the Enable Geo Zone/Location data gathering box to gather the Geo Location from the browser/device. NOTE: Browsers require HTTPS mode to provide Geo Location data.
- If Require Geo Location data gathering is checked. the system will not allow clocking unless Geo Location data is provided by the browser/device. Note: Browsers require HTTPS mode to provide Geo Location data. If this option in enabled, standard HTTP connections will not allow clocking.
- To implement the changes, click the Save Changes button.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.