Applies to versions: 1.8, 1.10, 1.11, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2
Fingerprint Biometric Troubleshooting
TimeIPS can validate employee identification using fingerprint biometrics. If employees have trouble using fingerprint biometrics, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the employee is using the sensor correctly. This includes:
- Placing the finger flat against the sensor.
- Pressing the finger firmly on the sensor.
- In cases where the hands are very dry, it may be necessary to press extra firmly.
- Use a small amount of skin moisturizer on dry skin.
- Press the finger on the sensor and hold it still for a couple of seconds. If the clock doesn't seem to read the finger, twist the finger slightly, or slide it just a bit, and hold it again for a couple of seconds.
- For optical biometric readers, review placement diagrams and instructions on our biometric poster: BiometricsEnrollmentGuide
- Make sure fingerprint settings are optimal.
- Set fingerprint matching attempts to at least 5
- Set match quality to normal
- Make sure enrollments are good.
- Clear the employee's prints and allow them to re-enroll.
- Use the multi-read enrollment option.
- Capture at least 3 prints.
- Capture prints for at least two fingers (the same finger on each hand).
- Use progressive enrollment.
- The progressive enrollment setting allows the sensor to learn and improve matching ability each time the employee successfully clocks.
- Allow the system to track at least 4 progressive prints per employee.
- After enrollment, have the employee clock in/out at least 5 times to get the progressive enrollment started.
- Try different fingers
- Some employees have one or more fingers that are harder to read than others.
- Keep trying different fingers until one with a good fingerprint is found.
- Supervise employees who report problems.
- In some cases employees who resent biometrics report problems that can't be reproduced when a manager is present to watch the enrollment and clocking.
Biometric Validation (1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11)
©2004-2023 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.