Applies to versions: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2
TimeIPS Server DST Configuration
TimeIPS allows you to configure your own Daylight Saving Time rules. This sets the Time Zones used by the system itself, independently of any Company or Division configuration.
TimeIPS stores time in Universal Time (UTC, also known as Greenwich Mean Time or GMT) which never changes, despite Daylight Saving Time changes (DST) and leap years. Each Time Zone is behind (UTC-) or ahead (UTC+) of Universal Time. TimeIPS uses the Time Zone setting to convert the displayed time based on the selected Time Zone.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: System » System Settings
- Click on the DST Config tab to the left.
View Time Zone DST Boundaries
The Company/Division Time Zone is the time zone conversion displayed within TimeIPS. The Clock Time Zone is the time zone conversion display for TimeIPS Network Clocks. The Clock Time Zone is set under Clocking -> Clock Configuration.
- If your company, any employees or divisions are in a time zone that observes Daylight Saving Time, select the time zone from the drop down list and click Edit DST Boundaries to view the dates when DST starts and stops each year.
Add Time Zone DST Boundaries
- To add an additional DST period, go to the top of the list then enter a date and time in the DST Begins column (in Standard Time) and a date and time in the DST Ends column (in Daylight Saving/Summer Time).
- Enter an amount of time in the Time saved column. This represents the amount of time clocks are shifted when entering or exiting DST, which is normally 60 minutes (1 hour).
- Then click the Add New button.
Edit Time Zone DST Boundaries
- To edit a DST period, simply click on the appropriate item to put the row into edit mode. Hit "Esc" or click Cancel to cancel the edit, or hit "Enter" or click Edit to commit the changes.
NOTE: Changing the time zone adjusts how time is displayed, but does not affect the actual time or time worked.