Applies to versions: 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2
Families First Coronavirus Response Act - FFCRA Mandate
To facilitate compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act), three different Benefit Types need to be created in TimeIPS.
- FFCRA Sick Full
- FFCRA Sick Two Thirds
- FFCRA FMLA Two Thirds
The Advanced Benefits Tracking module (IPSBEN) is required to create and edit these custom benefit types, as well as track FFCRA time using TimeIPS. If your system does not already have the Advanced Benefits Tracking module, contact TimeIPS customer support for assistance.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: Benefits » Benefit/Accrual Types
Create 3 New Benefit Types
- Enter "FFCRA Sick Full" for the first Name, then click the Add button.
Repeat these steps to add the other 2 options.
- Enter "FFCRA Sick Two Thirds" for the second Name.
- Enter "FFCRA FMLA Two Thirds" for the third Name.
Edit a Benefit Type
- Click on the + (plus) sign next to the benefit Name.
- Code Name: Each benefit has a pay code associated with it. If you know what that code is for the payroll system you use, change/enter that code here on the General tab.
- If you use a custom pay roll export, you will need to speak with customer support to add the pay codes to it.
- If you use QBI, you will want to speak with support about adding it. QBI will need to add a payroll item in Quick Books and then set the payrate for each employee for each item.
PLEASE REMEMBER: The Two Thirds options only pay at Two Thirds the employee's normal pay rate.
- Under Paid, select "Yes" for all three FFCRA benefit types.
- Under Counts towards Overtime, select "No" for all three FFCRA benefit types.
In most cases, the advanced options (with perhaps the exception of the custom message) should be left at the defaults. To make changes, see the Benefit Types article.
Subclasses can be used to track projects, departments, areas or other designations related to the benefit, the employee, or why the benefit was used.
If you feel subclasses are needed, see the Benefit Types article for instructions.
Note: TImeIPS helps facilitate compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, but please carefully read the FFCRA Act
to ensure compliance.