©2004-2018 TimeIPS, Inc. All Rights Reserved -
TimeIPS and the TimeIPS logo are registered trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
Applies to versions: 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0
ASP System Settings
The System Settings page lists the configuration settings for core components of your TimeIPS® Server. This includes System Management, Time/Date Configuration, Mail Settings, Memory Settings, and Remote Database Configuration.
Using the left pane Main Menu » Administration, click on: System » System Settings
You can Enable Remote Service, Restart your master TimeIPS station, Restart the networking, and Shutdown your TimeIPS station for maintenance or moving.
- If the Registration Number is blank, enter in your Registration Number and/or Customer ID. After saving this change, it will appear in the footer of your TimeIPS system.
Modify DST Boundaries for Time Zones.
- If your company, any employees or divisions are in a time zone that observes Daylight Saving Time, select the time zone from the drop down list and click Edit DST Boundaries to view the dates when DST starts and stops each year.
- To add an additional DST period, go to the top of the list then enter a date and time in the DST Begins column (in Standard Time) and a date and time in the DST Ends column (in Daylight Saving/Summer Time).
- Enter an amount of time in the Time saved column. This represents the amount of time clocks are shifted when entering or exiting DST, which is normally 60 minutes (1 hour).
- Then click the Add New button.
- To edit a DST period, simply click on the appropriate item to put the row into edit mode. Hit "Esc" or click Cancel to cancel the edit, or hit "Enter" or click Edit to commit the changes.
Time & Date
System Mail Settings
- Mail Server: Enter the outgoing SMTP server you would like the TimeIPS® System to send mail through. The default port is 25; use "server:port" to specify a different port.
- Many mail servers require that SSL be used to send messages. Check the Secure Sockets box if your mail server requires that the TimeIPS® system use SMTP over SSL. Do not check this box if your mail server needs to use STARTTLS; support for STARTTLS will be automatically detected. Checking this box causes the port to default to 465.
- Disable STARTTLS : Some mail servers report that they have support for STARTTLS, but in fact do not. If you see messages in the "View Errors" link below indicating an inability to connect to server, try checking this option.
- Enter the Username to log into the SMTP server above. Contact your System Administrator or ISP for this information if needed.
- Enter the Password required to log into the SMTP server.
- Use Alternate Transport Engine: TimeIPS includes an alternate email transport engine that may have better compatibility with older Mail Servers and/or special configurations. If you are having issues with email from this TimeIPS server, try toggling this option.
- Email Link Configuration: Some outgoing email will contain links pointing back to specific pages on this server. If email is always accessed from inside your network, select Internal IP Address. If email is accessed from outside your network, and/or you have a router/firewall with port forwarding configured, select Domain Name and set the domain name under Company/Divisions->URL tab. NOTE: Some router/firewall configurations do not allow internal access to an external IP with port forwarding. If this is the case for you, Domain Name links will NOT work inside your network. In this case, select Provide Both Links.
- Email Link Port Number: If you use port forwarding to redirect external requests to your TimeIPS® Server, set the port here so that links in E-Mails sent by this system will route properly.
- if you would like to Send a Test Email, enter an address and click the "Update Mail Settings" button.
- Click the Update Mail Settings button to save your changes.
IPSDBRO Database Configuration
See Also:Enable Remote Service (1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)Restarting/Shutting Down TimeIPS (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)TimeIPS Server DST Configuration (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0) Adjusting Time/Date Settings (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)Adjusting SMTP Mail Settings (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)PHP Memory Settings (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)IPSDBBRO Database Configuration (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)ASP System Settings (2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)System Settings (2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0)
- The Limited Remote Database Username is the username used for remote database access such as from an ODBC-compliant application. This user is used primarily for read-only access.
- The Limited Remote Database Password must be between 8 and 16 characters long (inclusive). Leave blank unless changing password.
- Confirm the Limited Remote Database Password by typing it a second time.
- Click the Update Database Configuration button to save your changes.
"Intelligent Personnel System" "Run your Business. We'll watch the clock." are trademarks of TimeIPS, Inc.
TimeIPS is protected by one or more patents. Patent No. US 7,114.684 B2.